Dorchester County Public Schools recognizes the importance of early childhood education in the lives of children, families, and communities. With the understanding that a child's education begins long before children enter public school, DCPS is committed to improving the outcomes for all children and families in Dorchester County. DCPS is dedicated to working with community partners including those represented on the Early Childhood Advisory Council to provide opportunities to enhance early learning experiences for children and families.
Please visit our Dorchester County Early Childhood Advisory Council website for more information.
Early Childhood Parent/Community Resources
- 2019 Regional Town Hall Meetings Flyer (PDF)
- Childhood Hunger
- National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families
- Challenging Behaviors/Social Emotional Foundations for Early Learning:
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Maryland Family Network
- Ready At Five
- Healthy Beginnings
- Early Childhood Mental Health
- Early Literacy
- Children's Dental Health
- DelmarvaLife Interview - Services Parents Should Be Looking For in a Quality Childcare Program