Dr. James C. Bell
2455 Cambridge Beltway
Cambridge, MD 21626
The Office of Student Services assists each student to complete their program of study by providing academic, behavior, social and emotional support to students who require alternative educational programming, mental health and wellness services and behavior support programs.
It is our belief that every student can achieve to their maximum potential if provided with the appropriate intervention at the appropriate time. Students who may experience a traumatic emotional event may require the temporary use of mental health and wellness services in addition to alternative educational programming to avoid a loss of instructional opportunity. The specific needs of the student will determine the services necessary to help the student maintain a course that will culminate in the completion of the program of study. All programs and services are designed to prevent students from dropping out of school while focusing on the end goal of program completion.
2016-2017 Student Services Goals:
- Create a behavior management framework to promote student decision-making skills
- Reduce suspension rates by 2% through programs that promote good decision-making strategies and interventions
- Create more blended instructional course offerings to allow flexibility and equitable access to personalized and customized learning.
- Work to remove barriers to learning and assist with student’s progression in the general educational curriculum.
Social Emotional Support
- Work with the community partners to establish a framework for social-emotional interventions. (Project AWARE)
- Establish a district-wide behavior education support team (B.E.S.T)