Maple Elementary School is the largest elementary school in Dorchester County. We have over 505 students in grades prekindergarten through fifth grade. We are also a Title I school with over 85% of our students receiving free or reduced meals.
Our staff consists of a principal, assistant principal, guidance counselor, reading coach, and math coach. We have 28 classroom teachers, a media specialists, physical education teacher, music/band teacher, art teacher, and technology teacher. Twelve instructional assistants, a full-time secretary, part-time secretary, 3 custodians, and 4 cafeteria staff also serve the students or our school.
We have established the following vision and mission to define our daily work and to communicate our future aspirations for our students, staff, and community:
We are committed to empowering all individuals to reach their potential as lifelong learners who are responsible and productive citizens within our global community.
We will show PRIDE in everything we do.
Our mission is to:
- Promote integrity in a safe and nurturing learning environment which embraces diversity.
- Recognize the importance of educating the whole child, being mindful of his/her physical, social, and emotional growth.
- Involve families and community in the whole learning process.
- Deliver instruction that is informed by data, individual student needs, and research-based strategies.
- Engage all learners so they will achieve intellectual and personal excellence.